"Never judge a book by it's movie"~ J. W. Eagan

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Book Thief Reviews

Well only a few of us were able to make it to the Nov 17th Meeting for the Book Thief, but Amy had some awesome bread for us to nibble and we had a good discussion about the book. Here are our club reviews of the book, if you would like to add please comment.

Julia- 3 STARS
Started off odd, well written, sad but overall a good book. I cried.
Recomend it? Yes. Not around Christmas time though... Good Thanksgiving book, it made me very thankful for my life and all my blessings.

Brightly- 4 STARS
It was a great story about a girl in Germany going through many hard things and serviving it all.
Recomend it? YES

Dani A.- 4 STARS
One of my favorite reads... hard to get into at first but then it hooks you. Loved the way it was written.
Recoment it? Yes

Amy- 4 STARS
Amazing read from deaths point of view, perfect Thanksgiving. It's a fresh take on Nazi Germany with just enough of a love story. I sobbed, amazing book & I highly recommend.


Overall 3.75 STARS by our club.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on this! -- And, I am still trying to get into the Girl that Plays with Fire .. hoping it'll hook me soon! See you next week :) .

    ReplyDelete